NEW TO CAP? Click here for more information and to apply.
In the new Customer Assistance Program, your affordable monthly payment will be tailored to you – based on your income and household size. On your next bill, expect to see some new improvements to the program and a totally new design, making it easier to read and understand your monthly payments.
WHAT IS THE NEW PROGRAM?
The biggest change is that your new monthly bill will be based on your household income and size, not your average monthly usage. This will help make your monthly payment consistent.
You do not need to re-enroll if you are already a CAP customer. You’ll get a fresh start with the program because your past due amount will be frozen and written off with each full monthly payment you make.
- Your monthly bill will be a Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) based on your income and household members making your monthly payment consistent.
- The difference between your CAP Payment Amount (CPA) and your actual usage equals the CAP Discount.
- There is an annual MAXIMUM CAP discount based on your income level.
- When enrolled in the new CAP, you can earn forgiveness over 24 months just by paying your bill every month.
- You’ll get a fresh start with the program because your past due amount will be frozen and written off with each full monthly payment you make.
- You’ll need to recertify your income every 24 months (or 6 months if reporting no income).
- Your minimum monthly payment is based on your rate class — $20 for RS and $40 for RH.
- Your CAP bill is simplified giving you a snapshot of your CPA, CAP discount remaining, and the amount of debt forgiven.
- You can see when your annual CAP discount resets.
- Several places show your monthly CAP payment, which is the amount due.
Click the SEE BILL button for a close-up look at the new bill with helpful hints on what each section means.