The goal of our Smart Comfort Program is to help eligible customers reduce their electric bills through energy education and conservation measures.
- Conservation measures at no charge to you
- Energy education
- Services and measures to reduce your electric use and lower your monthly bill
- Free energy audits
- Toll-free number for questions and information
- Referrals to other community resources
An energy manager will visit you in your home and provide energy education and usage reduction measures through an energy audit.
The free Home Energy Audit will:
- Investigate potential savings areas
- Measure usage of targeted electrical equipment
- Provide energy education
- Apply energy reduction measures, where needed
How to Qualify for Smart Comfort
- The name on your account must be an adult (18 years of age or older) living in the household.
- You must meet at least one of the following three criteria:
- Own your home.
- Be an electric heating customer.
- Have continuous electric service at your current residence for the previous six months.
- Check the income guidelines to see if you and your family qualify.
- You have not had a Smart Comfort visit in the last seven years.
- Your monthly and/or household yearly income must fall within federal income guidelines.
- Your monthly average usage must be greater than 500 kilowatt-hours (kWh).
How to Apply for Smart Comfort
Step 1: Call Smart Comfort at 1-866-282-3147
When you call, please have the following information available:
- Your 10-digit Duquesne Light account number (upper right on bill)
- Monthly and/or yearly income of all household members
- The phone number(s) at which you can be reached
Step 2: Provide proof of income
You may be required to provide proof of your monthly and/or yearly household income to the energy manager during the home visit.
- Participate in energy audit and energy education with an Energy Manager
- Accept any weatherization or conservation measures
- Conserve energy