WATT CHOICES can I make to save energy?
- Replace your incandescent light bulbs with fluorescent bulbs. Fluorescent bulbs use ¼ of the energy traditional bulbs use.
- Turn off your lights and TVs when you're done using them. These are easy ways to save energy and money!
- Is there insulation in your attic? Insulation keeps your house warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. A minimum depth of 8 to 10 inches of insulation works best to manage heating and cooling
- Do you close your drapes and blinds when the sun goes down? Closing the drapes and blinds during winter months helps cut heat loss at night.
- Is your thermostat set correctly? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 68 degrees is the recommended setting if the heat is on. If you have air conditioning, the recommended setting is 78 degrees.
We Don’t Just Power Your Lights,
We Power The Moments You Call Life.
One More Reason We’re Larger Than Light.