Duquesne Light's Small Commercial Direct Install Program offers energy saving lighting and refrigeration solutions, free equipment and installation. For example, qualified Duquesne Light customers who sign up for our free energy assessment receive recommendations for energy efficient lighting and refrigeration equipment, plus no-cost equipment installation.
The program offers:
- Free installation of energy-saving lighting and refrigeration equipment
- Identification and prioritization of energy efficiency opportunities specific to your facility
- Reduced monthly utility costs
- No-cost surveys, equipment or installation
For more information please review our Small Commercial Direct Install Fact Sheet
ADDITIONAL SMALL COMMERCIAL DIRECT INSTALLATION REBATES INFORMATION
- You must be a small commercial Duquesne Light customer.
- Watt Choices Program funds must not be depleted.
- Watt Choices Program funds must be available at the time the properly completed rebate application is received.
- The equipment must have been installed after June 1, 2016.
- The equipment must be installed at facilities served by Duquesne Light.
- Customers may not apply for rebates for the same product, equipment or service from more than one utility.
- If you are receiving tax credits, state funding or federal funding for the same project, you are still eligible to apply for the Duquesne Light rebate and/or incentive program.
- Duquesne Light reserves the right to deny a rebate due to depletion of Watt Choices program funds.
- Duquesne Light may require an inspection before issuing the rebate check. The customer must agree, if requested, to grant a Duquesne Light representative site access to verify the installation of the equipment. If the customer refuses to provide access, Duquesne Light has no obligation to provide the customer with a rebate.
- If the Project is selected for evaluation, measurement and verification, as a condition of accepting the incentive, Customer agrees to provide the following:
- Access by Verification Personnel to Customer premises to inspect and if necessary measure power requirements, post-installation of the Project described above.
- Available equipment performance data the Customer may have already been collecting, such as building management system trend data. Providing this data may serve to minimize Customer’s inconvenience of required equipment metering.
- Access by Verification Personnel to install meters or loggers on Project equipment or electric distribution panels, and to then come back to collect those meters or loggers.
- Access to facility staff familiar with the Project that can direct Verification Personnel to Project installation location.
- Duquesne Light does not endorse any specific manufacturers, dealers, or contractors.
- Duquesne Light provides no warranty for the installed equipment and/or product. By participating in this program, the customer agrees that Duquesne Light has no liability for the quality, safety, and installation of the equipment/product.
- The program opened June 1, 2016.
- The program is scheduled to close on May 31, 2021.