Right now, you shouldn’t have to worry about anything other than your health and the health of those close to you. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, DLC has taken many actions under the direction of its Incident Command Team to ease the burden on its customers, protect its employees and ensure safe and reliable power is delivered to the region, including:
Easing the Burden on Customers
• Discontinuing service shutoffs until at least May 1, 2020
• Waiving late fees until at least May 1, 2020
• Donated $500,000 to the Emergency Action Fund to provide rapid and effective relief to those impacted by COVID-19
Providing Safe & Reliable Power to the Community
• Increased inspections of equipment powering critical facilities, such as hospitals
• Around-the-clock field operations to improve response times
• Reprioritization of work, including deferral of many planned outages, to limit customer interruptions to service
• Continuing work required for the safety of customers and the community
• Implemented paid time off and special leave policies for employees impacted by COVID-19 and school closures
• Alternative and remote work assignments for office-based employees
• Social distancing policies
• Staggered field operation shifts to limit exposure between crews
• Limited facility access to critical employees only
• Advanced cleaning measures at company facilities
• Following federal and state health guidelines for necessary customer contact
In line with the Company’s ongoing commitment to safety, Duquesne Light encourages and reminds customers to take steps to prevent and mitigate the continued outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus). Everyone has a role to play in getting ready and staying healthy. We recommend visiting the CDC’s website to learn more about preventing COVID-19 spread in communities.
Duquesne Light will continue to provide updates related to the COVID-19 outbreak on our website at DuquesneLight.com, as well as on Facebook and Twitter as needed.
As you're limiting your interactions outside the home, don't forget you can manage your account online here at DuquesneLight.com or via our free DLC mobile app, available for download through the App Store and Google Play, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Also, if you are in need of assistance, you can speak to one of our Customer Service Representatives at 412-393-7100, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.