Duquesne Light Company and DQE Communications are dedicated to giving back to the local community through employee volunteerism and charitable donations.
In 2017, the company donated nearly $1.7 million to 40 organizations across Allegheny and Beaver counties, and employees volunteered more than 3,000 hours of community service. From giving nearly $600,000 to United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania agencies to a $10,000 Power It Forward holiday initiative to benefit the Dollar Energy Fund, Duquesne Light employees continue to inspire kindness and reciprocal goodwill in the communities where they live and work.
“Duquesne Light and DQE Communications have a history of serving the community – both on the job and through volunteerism and donations – to help power the Pittsburgh region forward,” said Rich Riazzi, President, Duquesne Light Company. “We’re proud to help support strong and vibrant communities where we all can be successful.”
Organizations and projects that benefitted from grant money and volunteer efforts in 2017 include:
- American Red CrossReady 365 Program
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Beaver County Mentoring Programs
- Bloomfield Preservation & Heritage Society LED Façade Lighting Project
- Carnegie Science CenterFounding Partner Chevron Center for STEM Education and Career Development
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank Produce to People Program
- Hosanna Industries Low Income Home Rehabilitation/Repair Program
- KaBOOM! Playground BuildBaden Charter Academy in Beaver County
- Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh National Rebuilding Day
- Tree Pittsburgh Canopy Recovery Tree Giveaway
- United Way of Southwestern PAImpact Fund and Corporate Campaign Match
The full list of organizations can be found here. To learn more about Duquesne Light and DQE Communications charitable donation efforts or to apply for a grant, please visit duquesnelight.com/charitable-giving.